We are extremely fortunate at St Catherine's to have facilities that have been supported through investment by previous generations of parents, friends and supporters. Our current students, staff and parents benefit each day from this past generosity that has spanned over almost 165 years of tradition and commitment. Now we have the opportunity to carry on this tradition of providing the best for our students in the years to come. We thank and acknowledge those families who have already donated to the RPAC campaign contributing significantly to our goal of $5million.
Opened in 1960, the Jane Barker Hall, named after the school's founder was a contender for the Sulman Prize in Architecture. Substantial changes to the outside of the building were made as part of the Centre School Development incorporating the Faith Patterson Study Centre. The Appeal for this much needed facility was launched in the School's centenary year.
The Lenthall Science Block was purpose built to provide facilities for science education. It was completed in 1968 and named after Miss Ellen Lenthall, Headmistress 1903–1934. It was extended in 1972 and redeveloped in 1987.
Opened in 1968 and extended in 1982, the Isabel Hall Wing was originally constructed to provide facilities for the Infants School and as a boarding house. The two lower floors were constructed out of bricks which came from the demolition of the stables of St Johns. It is named after Mrs Isabel Hall, Headmistress 1935–1947.
In 2005 extensive renovations commenced including award-winning state-of-the-art environmental features. It was reopened for the School's 150th anniversary in 2006.
Swimming Pool: Opened February 1971
Early in 1969 an appeal was launched for a Physical Education Centre with the pool being stage 1 of this project. The 'turning of the first sod' for the pool turned Sports Day 1970 into a gala occasion.
Dame Joan Sutherland Centre: Opened March 1994
An appeal to raise funds for much needed music and performance space was launched in 1991 by Dame Joan Sutherland. The wooden hut, now the museum had to be re-located in order for the building to proceed. The DJSC was the inspiration and vision of the Headmistress Mrs Jo Karaolis 1988–2000. This building, opened by Dame Joan Sutherland herself, represented a 44% increase in the size of the School.
Jo Karaolis Sports Centre: Opened March 2002
St Catherine's had planned an indoor sports complex since the 1960s when the swimming pool was built. The plan was to build a gymnasium above the pool when money became available. It was not until the 1990s that it was possible to build a sport centre, separate from the pool, underneath the tennis courts. Named after the 10th Headmistress, Mrs Jo Karaolis 1988–2000, it is also the home of the St Catherine's Hall of Fame, opened by Evonne Goolagong Cawley in 2010.
Nan Hind Centre: Opened September 2011
Predominately serving the Junior School, the Nan Hind Centre features a series of indoor and outdoor learning spaces promoting an interactive and experiential approach to learning. This building was funded through the Australian Government under its Building the Education Revolution program together with funds generously provided by St Catherine's parents.