Overseas students

We welcome students from many different countries including China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Korea, Thailand, Papua New Guinea, Taiwan, Fiji, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka and Japan.

Overseas Students


All our overseas students live in the School’s boarding house unless their parents live full time in Sydney. St Catherine's does not use home stay placements.

Enrolment process FOR overseas students 

Step 1: Download the ​Statement of Conditions of Entry Overseas Students and  Schedule of Fees Overseas Students​.​

 Apply here. 

Complete and submit the registration form with the relevant documents and registration fees to: enrol@stcaths.nsw.edu.au or post to Enrolments Manager, 26 Albion Street, Waverley, NSW 2024.

Documents and fees:

  • Registration fee $400
  • Copy of Passport.
  • Copies of last two School Reports, translated with validation.
  • One passport sized photograph.
  • Copy of the Australian Education Assessment Services (AEAS) Report. Testing by AEAS Agency in country of origin.
  • Copies of ESL Reports from Intensive Language Colleges where applicable, or copy of registration at an English Language College in Australia. If further English language study is required the School can recommend a reputable English college.
  • Details of your daughter's guardian in Australia. The guardian must be over 25 and reside in Sydney 100% of the time and be English speaking. This person will be responsible for your daughter's welfare, and provide care and accommodation during boarders’ weekends, holidays and times of illness while she is in Australia. The Australian guardian should be known to the student’s parents and is required to meet with the Headmistress and Head of Boarding and Academic Care. The Headmistress must be immediately notified in writing if there is any change of guardian.

Step 2: Interview. An interview with parents/guardian and your daughter will be conducted by a member of the School executive.

Step 3: Offer. A conditional letter of offer will be sent to you by the school where vacancies exist. Acceptance of the place requires payment of an invoice for the non-refundable enrolment fee of $2,500, one term’s tuition fee and $10,000 refundable deposit. Please note that to be granted a student visa, all applicants must provide evidence that your daughter has Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of her visa.

Additional fees payable:
• These fees are listed on page 2 of the Schedule of fees for Overseas students
• Boarding fees will be sent out under a separate account in the year of entry.
• The NSW Board of Studies requires a fee for overseas students to sit the Higher School Certificate. This fee will be sent to you before your daughter enters Year 12.

Staff designated to be the official points of contact for overseas students:

  • Ms Mandy Treweeke, Enrolments Manager. Ms Treweeke is the first point of contact with the school. Contact her at enrol@stcaths.nsw.edu.au.
  • Mrs Catherine Wood, Boarding Manager will be on hand to support overseas students on a daily basis in the boarding house.
  • Mrs Natalie Miller, Director of Learning Enrichment, will meet overseas students at the first orientation day and will be on hand to support them during the day at school.

Procedure for assessing overseas students’ English proficiency and minimum level of English proficiency
All overseas students are required to submit an Assessment Report by the AEAS. Testing consists of English Proficiency Tests (speaking, listening, reading, vocabulary and writing), a non-verbal general reasoning test and a mathematical reasoning test. It will take approximately three hours to complete. The current test fee is AUD$400 subject to change.

Overseas students transferring between an Australian school and St Catherine’s School, who have less than one year’s study in Australia, will be required to submit their AEAS test results with their application.

Depending on your daughter's test results, she may be required to undertake English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS) studies at a reputable ELICOS College.  The minimum level of English proficiency depends on the year of entry, but generally Intermediate English (ESL level 4) is required for Years 7-10 entry and Upper Intermediate (ESL level 5) for Year 11.


Overseas student information​ booklet
Schedule of fees - overs​​eas stude​nts
Conditions of entry - overseas students
HSC results 2017

Information for overseas students - Chinese language 
Information for overseas students - English language

Conditions of entry - Chinese language​ 
HSC results 2017 - Chinese language

Information for overseas students - Thai language 
Information for overseas students - Vietnamese language

Education Agents
Study in Australia government information website


 A glimpse of St Catherine's for Chinese speakers

fol​​low us on we chat: ST CATHERINE's GROUP

I tried hard to do my very best at language school and I was rewarded with good results, which helped me enter the School quickly.

Candy Tai, Year 11, Hong Kong