Our portal for parents of current St. Catherine's School students containing news, events and messages just for parents
For more information and password retrieval, visit the St Caths Connect site
Check here for regularly updated deli menus
For more information and password retrieval, visit the FlexiSchools site
The buildings at St Catherine’s are an eclectic mix of old and new, with state of the art facilities designed to optimise students’ learning experience. The next development at St Catherine’s is known as RPAC; a research, performing arts and aquatic centre.
Nan Hind Centre Our state-of-the art Junior School specialist building was opened in 2011. It was designed to provide an interactive and experimental approach to learning in both an indoor and outdoor environment. The building consists of a multi-purpose hall, a science laboratory, technology space with robotics area, art studio, music room, hall and media studio. The design features cross ventilation, solar power and rain water harvesting. It is an exciting, beautiful and innovative building designed to service our future generations.
The Old Stone House The original St Catherine's structure, this historic building remains a prominent feature of the School today. Completed in 1859, it is now the School's administrative centre.
Isabel Hall Wing Originally constructed as a boarding house, the building was extensively rebuilt and re-opened as a classroom block in 2006, during the School's 150th anniversary. The conversion won two commendations from the Royal Australian Institute of Architects for Public Architecture and Sustainable Architecture in 2007.
Designed by Alec Tzannes and opened in 2002, the Sports Centre links the Junior School and Senior School. This generous space provides several different indoor courts including an international basketball court and modern gym training equipment. The complex received a commendation from The Royal Institute of Architects in 2003.
Our music and performance space that includes the chapel and multi-media classrooms was opened by Dame Joan Sutherland in March 1994.The stained glass window in the Chapel was designed by Geoffrey Hamilton and donated by the Old Girls' Union.
St Catherine’s has an open air
swimming pool used extensively for water polo, swimming training and carnivals.
The ‘heart’ of the School occupies the top storey of the Old Stone House and is joined to the Lenthall Building by the old library. The Lenthall Building was named after Ellen Lenthall, Headmistress from 1903 to 1934. It is home to 70 boarders and 7 staff.
Named after our longest serving Headmistress of 32 years, the centre incorporates science laboratories, the senior library and humanities classrooms. It is joined to the Jane Barker Hall, named after the School’s founder.
Originally an art studio built in 1880 it was placed in its current location in 1992 and officially opened in 1996 to celebrate the School’s 140th year.